Saturday, March 18, 2006

Back to Knitting....

Recently I haven't spent much time knitting as I've been busy holding a very long pity party for myself over my recent breakup. Well the party is over and I'm getting back to my old self. Back on the treadmill....and back to knitting!

I love all the felted tote bags I've seen and wanted to make one of my own. I ordered a couple of patterns and decided I'd start with a small bag first. The directions were not all that clear so I thought....better to learn on the small bag first. The bag is called My Little Companion and I knit it Cascade 220 and double stranded. I tend to knit tightly and need to work on knitting looser when I'm doing a felted project.

Here's the bag pre-felting:




And here are the post felting results:




It's a very small tote bag....not even sure what I'll use it for. I may just use it as a gift bag.

2 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, Blogger Kadiddly said...

great job! Nice colour contrast! Did you do I-cord for the handles? How well does that felt?

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

Hi...thanks for the comment....Yes the handles are i-cord (double stranded) and they felted really well and feel sturdy. Also the top edge of the bag is I-cord bind off....which I just LOVE (even though I had trouble initially with the instructions) because it makes the top of the bag sturdy too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home